whatalotoffun

Thursday, June 15, 2006

National Youth Day


We al get to stay at home tomorrow its National Youth Day.

Tomorrow was Previously known as Soweto Day.

In 1975 protests started in African schools after a directive from the previous Bantu Education Department that Afrikaans had to be used on an equal basis with English as a language of instruction in secondary schools. The issue however, was not so much the Afrikaans as the whole system of Bantu education which was characterised by separate schools and universities, poor facilities, overcrowded classrooms and inadequately trained teachers. On 16 June 1976 more than 20 000 pupils from Soweto began a protest march. In the wake of clashes with the police, and the violence that ensued during the next few weeks, approximately 700 hundred people, many of them youths, were killed and property destroyed.

Youth Day commemorates these events.

Well you all have to hold hands because I am writing my learners lisence on Monday at two o'clock my nerves it would be my ???time so keep a finger crossed for me P L E A S E I am going to need it. If I get myLearners License I am going to get drunk. Hope this is the last time

8 Comments:

At June 16, 2006 10:13 AM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Good luck with the license and enjoy your day off today.

 
At June 16, 2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck and I'll drink to that!!Woohoo!!

 
At June 17, 2006 1:17 AM, Blogger Frog with a Blog said...

I want my next Afrikaans lesson NOW!. I promise to behave and not start a riot. If you an taught me some Xhosa too, I'd be happy.
Have a great weekend WTF!

 
At June 17, 2006 3:05 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Goood luck with the learners!!

 
At June 19, 2006 9:38 AM, Blogger Bosbefok said...

Hope all goes well - remember short skirt and low top and big smile :-)

 
At June 19, 2006 11:46 AM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

So, did you get it?!
I do still visit your blog. I have not been online for about a week and a half... hence the lack of updates and comments. Will try and do better, but I can't promise... Life is hectic at the mo. :)

 
At June 19, 2006 6:22 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Just don't drive afterwards or you'll lose that lisence all over again!

 
At June 20, 2006 12:14 PM, Blogger Framesby 86 said...

And so, how did it go? Didn't get to speak to you yet!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home