whatalotoffun

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hospital update

Danielle had her tonsils removed today and what a day. From 02:00 this morning she was not aloud to drink anything anymore. My luck she slept right through to 06:30. When she woke up she wanted her bottle and had to tell her over and over that its still hold (shushu). I made a bottle of tea (hot) and she would just give it back to me to tell me that its hot.
keeping madam busy before her operation.
So we arrived at the hospital all fine. She was done about 9:00 and came out about just after 10. They removed her addinoids when she was 9months old and had to remove it again, her tonsils and placed grommets in her ears. You just see all the moms come out with red eyes and trying to hide the tears. But its hard to see your little bundle of joy on that big operation table. They gave her gas to put her out at first I went in with her and she was quit good until the gas started to kick in. I just turned around I could not handle the feeling and seeing her eyes rolling in her sockets and they asked me if I wanted to leave now and I said yes please.
Did not want the band on her hand
She slept a good while before she took the whole ward up by storm and the people just could not believe how well she recovered. She has beed very independent since after her 1st birthday, the people could not believe that she fed herself dressed herself without me helping (she does not want me to help her). We were discharged about 14:00. She was running around at home being her old miss busy body self.

some photo's of her Birthday



Danielle, Me and Leah. Her twin friend from school



Her Birthday cake. Her Theme was Tinkerbell

Me and her having a good time on the jumping castle. Being a mom is exploring the child still in you.

Sliding down. Cant believe she is growing up so fast.

.
Took this on Sunday at the game centre. They have this machine that takes a photo then you can have it sketched like this one or in color. Its me, Danielle, Owen (her cousin), my youngest sister Ronel.

Will publish more photo's next time.

5 Comments:

At September 14, 2006 11:47 PM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Poor little Danielle!!

Neither of my kids have had any operations apart from removing a few teeth and having braces fitted. Lucky, I suppose although my son spent most of a month in an incubator as he was 2 months premature.

 
At September 15, 2006 6:47 PM, Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Glad to hear all went ok - sounds just like Dylan - We were told the same (bout the not eating thing except they told us from 10 the previous even) got to the hosp and they only took him to theatre at 1pm (now you try keeping a baby occupied if he aint seen a bottle in so many hours). When he came out of theatre he took 45mins to recover - ate all his food they gave him and sum - stood up on the bed and said to his dad "kom dadda, kom ons gaan huistoe" and jumped off the bed! Before I forget, she really is a pretty little girl!

 
At September 16, 2006 6:36 AM, Blogger whatalotoffun said...

Nomad - Hope everything is done now and that she wont see a hospital any time soon.

NMOTB - I know I dont know how they think you should keep them busy, if she could still understand its fine but when her eyes opens in the morning she wants her bottle. Don't know where she gets her looks from but as they say "lelike mense maak mooi kinders"

 
At September 16, 2006 6:40 PM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I'm glad to hear that she recovered so well! She was probably more brave than most adults would've been. Those pics were great, I love the first one with her hair pulled up like that - how sweet!

 
At September 20, 2006 7:45 PM, Blogger AngelConradie said...

aaaw- poor little sweetie peepers! i'm so glad she's recovered so nicely!
i also have one of those "machine drawings" of damien and i!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home