whatalotoffun

Friday, August 18, 2006

Thank You Angels!!!!

Today something very terrible could of happened I still get cold shivers just thinking about it.

My eldest sister son Jurgen asked me if he could spend the weekend with me. I said its fine and my mom agreed to bring him to me after she has picked him up from school he is in grade 3 now.
JURGEN
So my mom brought him just after 1 o'clock. My mom looks after them during the day but sometimes she leaves them with the maid if she really needs to go somewhere. Today she decided to bring them all with. Jurgen is 9, Ivan 4 and Paul 1y and 6m. They were playing with the dong and outside. Just before my mom wanted to leave she told Jurgen to go hide away because his brother (Ivan) in going to cry after him. So when Ivan realised his brother is missing he started screaming and crying. I still don't know how it happened.
IVAN
Before my mom got into the car she asked but where is Paul we all just yelled "THE SWIMMING POOL". My braai area looks onto our swimming pool and we were sitting there watching them. When we all walked to the door I still made sure the sliding doors are locked.
PAUL
My mom ran I ran after her as we got to the braai area we saw the water moving and my mom just yelled "HIS IN THE SWIMMING POOL" she tried to unlock the sliding door put she was to much in a panic. I quickly unlocked it and just saw him in the swimming pool floating I just prayed, shivers going through my body again just thinking of it, PLEASE DEAR LORD PLEASE LET HIM LIVE. I jumped in my mom was at the side and she took him from me. My aunt took him from my mom and she just collapsed and started crying. I was to shocked and cold to feel anything.

That little face that looked at me as I grabbed him I still feel like crying. We still don't know how he got to the swimming pool he must of walked around the house. He did not swallow much water because he would of vomited he must of just fell in when we got to him. THANK THE LORD. My cellphone was in my pocket so now its water damaged will see how much it would cost to be fixed. Rather my cell phone then a life you can replace a cell phone but not a live. Luckily I downloaded all the photos and video clips on my PC in the week.

It just shows you how fast it can happen it was in a split of a second. We always say it will never happen to me it can I just realised that today. I always watch Danielle like a halk and always make sure all the doors and sliding doors is locked. When she goes outside she's never alone I am always with her. But I am phoning people on Monday to put a net on Hubby hasn't got a choice he will just have to pay.

We smoke in the braai area not in the house and I cant look at the swimming pool then the whole episode replays in my mind. I am so thankful that he was ok I don't know what I would of done if he wasn't how do you tell a mom that your kid just drowned. I don't even want to think of it. Today was a lesson to me to appreciate every second you have because in a split second it could be taken away from you.

(I did a post last night about Danielle, her visit to the dentist to have her teeth fixed but before I could publish it my money on my house phone was up so I could not even save it but will publish it again got to do everything from scratch)

13 Comments:

At August 18, 2006 9:41 PM, Blogger AngelConradie said...

geez... thats dreadful! my heart is pounding now- i am SO glad you're all okay!

 
At August 19, 2006 1:06 AM, Blogger Flea said...

It is good news to read the little one is ok. Does this experience make you consider to do a Resusitation course?
I've been doing mine for the last 4year now and first aid renew every 3rd year, you might never need it or you might just!
What a suspense story...
WHERE'S THAT PHOTO!!!! :(

 
At August 19, 2006 5:53 AM, Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Shit, that is really traumatic - Accidents happen so fast! Glad to hear everything turned out ok!!!!!

 
At August 19, 2006 6:07 AM, Blogger whatalotoffun said...

Angel - I am glad everything is ok to. Its just plays over and over in my mind.

Hannelie- thats a good idea. Its something that I wont even wish on my worst enemy its awful.

NMOTB - Accidents happens really fast it all happend in a prox 3 min. As I told Angel it plays over and over in my mind

 
At August 19, 2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Frog with a Blog said...

oh dear, I was shivering reading that post, so glad everything turned out fine in the end. Please be careful with that pool! But don't let this haunt you too much, don't think too much about what could've happened, otherwise you'd get completely crazy.
Take good care of yourself and the family my dear.
Kisses

 
At August 20, 2006 11:01 AM, Blogger whatalotoffun said...

Froggie - My dear froggie thanks for your concern I dont know what I would of done if things turned out different. I try not to think about it but everytime I have a smoke and and look at the swimmingpool it replays all over again.

 
At August 20, 2006 8:28 PM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

I am glad everything worked out OK,
Can I offer some advice? Swimming lessons. I have a 6yr old niece and she's been swimming since age 3. You should see her... she's like a fish in the water.

 
At August 21, 2006 8:06 AM, Blogger whatalotoffun said...

Chitty - ja I know but you dont know my sister. My brother in law said that the 2 smaller boys wont visit me again until there is a net on the swimming pool. We told a little white lie to them they thought we were right there when it happend.

 
At August 21, 2006 10:34 PM, Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

hi, hope you are feeling better about the incedent with little Paul - don't be to hard on yourself though! Hope you have a really great week!

 
At August 22, 2006 1:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My God is good, all day every minute, every second.He placed those Angels around your baby boy and isn't that a wonderful thing. An actually rather large miracle. OMG. I'm so glad he's ok, I can only imagine. I am steel when it comes to anyone else but am putty when it's my children. Always have been. God has been good to me all these years as none of my children were really very sick. Amen Sister.

 
At August 22, 2006 2:42 AM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

That's terrible! I'm sure you and the others were in shock and that must have been a very helpless feeling for a moment. Thankfully, things turned out well this time - like you said, accidents happen so fast. Someone was definitely watching over him.

 
At August 24, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Framesby 86 said...

All I can say is that I am glad it wasn't serious. Get that net on the pool - we are doing the same to ours!!!

 
At September 01, 2006 5:23 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

i thank god for you and yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home