whatalotoffun

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Happiness and Sadness


Today is my nephew Jurgen's 10th birthday. He is like my own. When he was born my sister and her husband was not married yet so they stayed with us. I use to spend a lot of time with him. I was there when he lit my mothers feather duvy; blaming me, I was there when he unscrewed any screw he could find. I took him to the circus I took him to the swimming pool and everybody though he was mine. I was still in school that time. I did everything with him. I bought him some clothes and a Playstation 2 game for his birhtday. The cutest thing he said was... He was very lazy to walk you always had to carry him. He was the first grandchild so he was spoiled a lot in a good way. So this day his father caught a fish and wanted to show his brother that just lived around the block from him. So he carried the fish and Jurgen had to walk and half way he said Daddy let the fish walk then you carry me. We were hysterical when his father told us.

Today 8 years ago my granny past away. She was so dear to me. A second mother to me. I spent a lot of time with her. She stayed near my school and we stayed on farm about 30km outside our town so I use to sleep over a lot to be with my friends. She was not just my granny she was my best friend to. I smoked like almost a year with her before my parents found out a smoked. When they wanted to tell her she just laughted in their faces telling them its old news.

It so weird. She was born on the 22 July 1922 she died on the 22 October on Jurgens 2nd birthday. Danielle was born on her birthday. She was actually due on the 12th of July but for some odd reason she was just not ready to face the world so 2 weeks overdue she was born on my granny's birthday. I was hoping something would happen naturally but nature knew something was wrong so I went in for a Caesar. The abilical cord was twice around her neck.

Ja I do not get a lot of opportunities to get to the computer you all know the drill already so I have come up with a plan. We must have a fundraiser to raise some money so that I could buy my own computer so that I could post every night. Nothing much has happened in my very interesting life. Its just gym go home, fetch Danielle make food, clean, sleep. And at night I cant even relax at the computer catching up on all my blog buddies due to hubby. I think I must through some sleeping tablets in his cooldrink or something. Hope you all had a nice weekend.

4 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 4:07 PM, Blogger AngelConradie said...

hey! glad you're back again!
my damien and his aunties and uncle are also close like that- they were all still in school when he was born and spent a lot of time together!
my ouma and i were also very close, she's been gone a little over three years now and i miss her!

 
At October 27, 2006 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Jurgie!!! Skuus ek is so bietjie agter, maar was baie besig hierdie week.

 
At October 27, 2006 12:29 PM, Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

A bit late, but happy birthday to your nephew. Hope you are well.

 
At October 27, 2006 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh whata! how are you my dear?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home